"Renewable" Loot

TorchOfIrony

Aug 19, 2019
Yo, so, several other players (such as CM52111, aka Ashlynn) are concerned about running out of loot from the naturally-spawning chests in Nether Fortresses and End Cities, and we're wondering if there will be a plan to either "renew" or "refresh" the chests every now and then.

Frankly, there could be ways around this, such as adding coal stacks and gold ingots to the vote chest loot boxes or whatnot, but since this suggestion's comin' from a buncha folk, I figured I'd say it like they wants it: renewing chests in the Nether and The End to make exploring those dimensions "worthwhile".

Just gonna drop this suggestion here and see what y'all think.

SassyDragon

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Beta Tester
Jul 16, 2019
Look behind you
As of right now Elytras are renewable because of a datapack that drops them whenever the dragon is killed. We'll look into a solution for other loot.

LinkNightblade

Co-Owner/Head of Staff
Staff member
Admin
Server Owner
Modpack Dev
Beta Tester
Jul 16, 2019
Winnipeg, MB, CAN
Torch, please give me a list of such resources. I can discuss with Chase various solutions that are coming to mind for me right now for this, but it's dependent on whats actually viewed as a limited resource.

TorchOfIrony

Aug 19, 2019
Accordin' to the things I'm hearin', Gold's gonna be sparse, but that's solvable via a Pigman Grinder of sorts, I'm sure.

Lapis Lazuli's a biggie, since it's used for Enchanting.

Coal's technically renewable, but dangerous due to bein' in the hands of Wither Skeletons. Not terribly important, though, since Charcoal and Dried Kelp Blocks exist., but it's there, I 'spose.

Totems of Undying. Prolly an item we outta try renewin' in some short capacity.

Gravel is technically non-renewable, as are its products: concrete and flint.

Anything - and everything -in the Nether is non-renewable, to include Glowstone, Netherrack, Soul Sand, and Nether Quartz.

Shulker Shells are non-renewable, and thus Shulker Boxes are limited.

Heart of the Sea is found in buried Treasure Chests, which - in addition to being bugged - are rare and hard to locate the maps to.

Potions of Decay are non-renewable, found only in Swamp Huts.

This is a list that I've got thus far. For something a bit more comprehensive, here's a link to the Minecraft Wiki: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Non-renewable_resource

LinkNightblade

Co-Owner/Head of Staff
Staff member
Admin
Server Owner
Modpack Dev
Beta Tester
Jul 16, 2019
Winnipeg, MB, CAN
Lapis is not something we'll need to worry about for a very long time, years most likely. Same thing with Gold and any other ores in the overworld and underworld. Coal also has alternatives like Charcoal which for all intents and purposes is the exact same thing. It also drops from Wither Skeletons like you said so I'm not worried about that for a very long time. Gravel falls into this category as well since it's far to common in the overworld and we have a massive world currently.

For the Totems and Hearts and Decay Potions, we can see about adding them at some point down the line into the Epic crate. I might end up adding the Shulker Shells into a crate at some point as well since shulkers are far more rare then most other mobs in Minecraft.

I'll discuss this with Chase but since we literally only opened yesterday, 99% of the resources listed here I'm not going to be worried about for a long time, maybe even years from now.

The Nether might be reset occasionally depending on how quickly it decays due to player interference.

TorchOfIrony

Aug 19, 2019
As something of a follow-up to this, I realize that Drowned are the only way to grab Tridents. Might be a grand idea to add Tridents to the crate loot, though that's just me.