Graphic Design

AndrewDa12thKind

Jul 18, 2019
Texas
da12thkind.com
Hey y'all!

I thought I'd pop on in here and share some bits of graphic design I've been working on for some video projects.

Up first are these samples for something Splatoon-related. I really like the esthetic of the menus, so I wanted to capture that here while also going for my own thing.

These next two bits are quest bars for Fallout 1. This isn't my first attempt at making quest bars for a game, but I did learn a lot from that original venture. I was able to apply what I learned from that, and what some friends had taught me, and make these! I really like how these came out, and I can't wait to make more for the other Fallout games!

Finally, I have these Pokemon Bios that I made for a Let's Play on Pokemon: Blue Version. I really love how these came out, and, to be honest, they wouldn't be this great without the help of some friends. If they hadn't have told me to change everything, I still would have gone with my original design...

Ouch....

But that's it for now! As I make more and more of my graphical elements for video projects, I'll add them to a folder to share with y'all! Who knows? Maybe one day I'll start a thread wherein we all share one piece of graphic design a day that we're really proud of or want feedback on!

Until then!
~Andrew

AndrewDa12thKind

Jul 18, 2019
Texas
da12thkind.com
How's it going everyone?

I've got some new bits of graphic design to share!

This time around: Pokemon Team Bios!

In the previous post, I did bios for a Pokemon: Blue Version Let's Play, and these are built off of the same template file, but with some modifications.

I didn't do this alone, oh no no no. I had help from my friend Gunnar! My goal is to have versions for all games and remakes, and I'm pretty close!

These above are for Gold/Silver/Crystal and Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald respectively. I really love how these came out, and I can't wait to work on the others!

Until next time!
~Andrew

AndrewDa12thKind

Jul 18, 2019
Texas
da12thkind.com
Hey-o~!

I just wanted to pop back into this thread to update you all on the team bio thing!

Let's get started witht the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Bio!

Ever since I made the original, I wasn't 100% happy with it and it bothered me a lot. So, when I finally got a hold of a copy of Sapphire Version, and noticed that there was still an old save file on it, I decided to use that a perfect oppurtunity to remake the RSE bios!

Below is the finished version:

3 - REMAKE - RSE-PokeBioTemplate.png

I'm so happy with how this turned out! I took a little be of creative liberty, but overall it's as faithful as the original version!

Additionally, after making the post above, I decided to also go in and make a template for Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and one for FireRed/LeafGreen!

3a - FRLG-PokeBioTemplate.png4 - DPPl-PokeBioTemplate.png

I'm really happy with how these came out, especially the Gen 4 bio. I still have yet to do the HeartGold/SoulSilver or anything Gen 5 and up, but that's for another day.

(oh also here are those bios from that sapphire cart)

1 - Cyllene_Milotic.png2 - Elara_Flygon.png3 - Thebe_Altaria.png4 - Kyogre_Kyogre.png5 - Adrastea_Salamence.png6 - Ganymede_Aggron.png